mgs

Re: Carpet Dye?

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Carpet Dye?
From: Wayne Buletza <rwbmg@voyager.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 09:05:10 -0800
Jason F. Dutt wrote:

> Thanks for the input.  I wasn't even referring to RIT dye, but that's
> not a bad idea, for a temporary fix, anyway.  It seems to me one might
> have a bit more control over the application with something like that,
> as opposed to an aerosol can...
>
> Regards,

Rit dye worked well for me 20 years ago when carpet kits were VERY
expensive and VERY cheeply made.  I dabbed the carpet with a sponge.  I
did this twice over three weeks and it lasted for years.  It didn't rub
off - there was always one kid in the rear - I repeated it once more
before replacing the carpets in 1990.  I used a Moss carpet kit.
Interesting enough, upon a visit to a local upholstry (SP?) shop, I
later found that they could have matched the Moss quality less
expensively!  Sometimes we think parts from our LBCs always have to be
from British Heritage to be authentic... oh well.  Try the Rit.

Wayne Buletza
Charlotte MI