mgs

Re: New egine installation problems

To: Jeffrey Herr <herr@mail.sdsu.edu>
Subject: Re: New egine installation problems
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 20:41:26 -0600
Jeffrey Herr wrote:

> Put the engine in with a little difficulty hooked everything up and the
> engine turns over slowly.  No plugs in the engine yet.   Battery is O.K. and
> the wiring seems to be hooked up right. Engine is out of gear .
>
> I am open for ideas.

Jeffrey -
        make sure the ground strap is connected.  On earlier 'Bs it goes across
one of the motor mounts.  On my '79 it connects across the rear
transmission mount.  At any rate, if the engine block is not grounded to
the chassis, the starter current will try to take alternate paths, like
the accelerator cable, choke cable, heater cable, etc.  That would cause
slow turning.  On the other hand, a rebuilt engine may be rather tight,
but you should be able to turn it over without plugs enough to build up
oil pressure.

--
Keep on keepin' on!

Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net