mgs

Thanks for the pointer to the SOL Monster List!! Seat belts...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks for the pointer to the SOL Monster List!! Seat belts...
From: Joe Peck <peck@digex.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 03:31:06 -0500 (EST)

I just want to thank the person who posted the SOL Monster list
URL (http://www.team.net/sol/britpart.html).  The first link
there is about a seat belt recall which I hadn't known about
when almost certainly applies to my '80B.
"the inertia reel-type belts do not retract on some cars, or
are stuck and can not be extended."

That pretty much describes my belts.  I have to fiddle with
the belt to get it to extend.  Very much a pain in the *ss.
I'll check the VIN number tomorrow to see if it matches the
vehicles covered by the recall.

Cheers,
Joe in Maryland
80B, 79B, engine rebuild in progress on the '79