mgs

Re: digest for AOL members.

To: JKearman@aol.com
Subject: Re: digest for AOL members.
From: Gary Burrell <garyb@pentek.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 12:26:16 -0500
JKearman@aol.com wrote:

> I am highly offended by the decision to limit me, as an AOL user, to digest
> versions of this mailing list.

> Yes, I'm mad as hell. If anyone wishes to discuss this personally, I
> encourage you to call me during the day, Eastern time, at 800-288-8364 ext
> 309.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jim Kearman
> JKearman@AOL.COM

Jim while I sympathise, I think your anger is misdirected.  Having been
a member
of the lists for over 6 years now I think mark does an excelent job of
keeping
the list up and running.  We have to remeber that this is done without
any
renumeration, out of the goodness of his heart.  Mark has made a
decision to make
his life easier based on the fact that an AOL address is apx 5 times
more likely
to generate an error than any of the other providers out there.  The
fault is
not Marks, nor is it yours, it belongs to AOL.  This however leaves you
with several
choices:

        1) You can complain to Mark, but it's not his fault, and it probably
won't
        do any good.

        2) You can accept the list version

        3) You can unsubscribe (Please people don't do this)

        4) You can switch providers

        5) You can TELL AOL TO FIX THEIR PROBLEM.  Remember you pay good
        money to them for their service!!!

My personal choice would be items 4 or 5, but you must make the
decision,
best of luck.

Gary

--