mgs

Re: Midget 1500 1979 Dipstick

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget 1500 1979 Dipstick
From: "A.D.Smith" <as@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:33:37 +0100 (BST)
>>>From: Matthew Jones <matt@matanza.cc.kcl.ac.uk>

>>>1979 Midget 1500.  The dipstick seems to be in a very inaccessible
>>>postion (behind and below the inlet manifold) and is incredibly difficult
>>>to get in and out.  It also appears to be curved.

The dipstick is not curved so much as bent - it has a sharp bend just where
the handle bit changes into the dipstick proper. This makes it hang at a funny
angle, as the weight of the handle bit pulls it round. You have to turn it round
to what seems an unnatural angle to get it out. Yes, I do have the same problem
sometimes - it has to come out below the carb heat sheild too, not in front of
it.

It could just be that you have a curved dipstick of course!

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.