mgs

Oil Cooler `79 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Cooler `79 B
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 15:43:37 -0600
Dear All,

        On my `79 MGB, the DPO "crinked" off the Oil Cooler tube coming off
the Cylinder Head and "snapped" it off after all four connections to the
head. (I know, I can't believe it either.)  Anyway, it seems that the engine
hasn't had an Oil Cooler for some time.

        Question 1:  does anybody out there (is there any body out there??)
have a spare they'd be willing to part with for a _small_ fee???

        Question 2:  does anybody know if the engine really needs an oil
cooler - I'd sure hate to have to retrofit the whole oil cooling system
(BTW, the air pump & related EGR system is mostly GONE if that makes a
difference).

        Question 3:  can I just plug each outlet from the head & how???

        Believe me, I learn more about this car everytime I open the hood
(bonnet), but at least it runs.

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                                  http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86                http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia      -      We're a Hole in One !