mgs

Re: Where's the MGD and MGE ?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where's the MGD and MGE ?
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 12:59:08 -0500
>MGers:
>
>Does anyone know how the count got to "F" so quickly?  What happened to the
>MGD and MGE?  Is there any truth to the rumor that prototypes of these
>models are sitting out in some desert under the wing of a mockup of what
>was to be the Boeing 717 ?
>
>Russ Wilson

There was an MG EX-E prototype car made in the early 80's, pix of which can
be viewed in the McComb book (and probably other MG history books).  I
remember that it was a wedge-styled mid-engine car, reminiscent of the Lotus
Esprit but with even cleaner body surfaces and lots of flat glass.  As to
the MGD, I have no idea, though I often wonder when I see either Bobby Rahal
or Rusty Wallace race.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Jag F-type.  What is it Dudley Moore said
about the sort of men who drive Jags?

Will Zehring