mgs

MGB Engine install...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Engine install...
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 11:00:38 -0400 (EDT)
 Scions-

 Well, the B is *finally* back from the body shop and for the
 first time in ten years, all of the panels are the same color!
 The car looks great (although I already have a small ding on
 the passenger side door from snapping on those damn trim strips
 ;-(  -but thats another story).

 Current plans are to re-install the engine this Sunday, and I
 was wondering if there are any gotchas that I should look out for.
 I removed all of the ancillaries from the long block and the engine
 compartment is stripped.

 Things that I have already done/acquired:
 - new mounts (engine and gearbox)
 - routed new brake lines
 - new ground strap
 - new front/rear gearbox seal
 - new u-joints
 - many, many blankets
 - 2 friends, 1 engine hoist, 1 case of Fullers ESB,
   and the obligatory Dremmel.

 My Questions:

 Is it worth renting one of those screw-like balance gadgets
 to position the engine or is this overkill w/3 people?

 Should I put the front end back up on jack-stands or will I
 have sufficient underside clearance without them?

 Am I forgetting anything??

 Any Allentown/Philadelphia, PA area SOLs interested in either
 coaching/wrenching/spectating/imbibing (or any combination thereof),
 the festivities begin at 09:00.

 Thanks in advance-

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.             'Managing programmers
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA      is like trying to herd cats'
   (610) 481-2646                                      --Anonymous