Re: Mileage

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Mileage
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:35:41 -0400
Paul,

I am as amazed as you.  I have checked everything and all seems to be
correct.  The run was down (Ontario) Highway 401 and then 410, across
on the toll 407 to 400 and fini.   Thus no stops, slow downs, or any
hold ups.  Just 270km straight blast.  My engine has about 6,000 km
on it and everything that rotates is new (or rebuilt) - but still it
is quite exemplary performance.  Oh I did use 91 octane being the
highest at the pumps.  I have another run on Thursday and I will see
what happens then !!!!

At 10:28 AM 5/28/2007, Paul Hunt wrote:
>38 Imperial is pretty astonishing.  Whilst a weak mixture will
>result in hotter running, and hotter engines are said to be more
>efficient, I'd expect it to result in poorer performance/economy as
>the engine wouldn't be using its fuel at optimum efficiency.
>
>PaulH.
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>

Regards
Barrie