Re: You talk about OLD

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: You talk about OLD
From: James Jewell <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 13:36:35 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I, for one, do not want a photo of your knob.

Barrie Robinson wrote:
Sorry, but I just cannot resist sending out this missive. A while back I asked if anyone wanted African Blackwood (AB) gear shift knobs. Well it has all been done now and we have a lot of nice knobs around.....okay, okay sit down, the joke has worn thin! Anyway, the AB log I bought when made up was two short so I went looking for more AB - none at right price or size. BUT what I did find is wood that is certified to be between 30,000 and 50,000 YEARS OLD !!!!! So I got enough for two. So I, and a certain Rick, have gear shift knobs that have been carbon dated to 46,500 YEARS OLD.

Now how about that? I can now boast at car meets that my body is 36 years old but my knob is 46,500 years old.

If anyone wants a photo give me a buzz.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson