Re: Ignition and sparks

To: "paul" <paul.morgan@monifieth.co.uk>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition and sparks
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:15:57 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Paul,

Very interesting! Seems all this ignition stuff is cloaked in smoke and mirrors! I am still not sure about this match or flaming torch bit. It is like dynamite which I used to play with way back when. In order for it to go off BANG - you needed a 'cap'. It really did not care if you had a dirty big cap or a small one - it went BANG all the same.

I also would like to know what technology Nology used for its special capacitor. It seems it can do things above and beyond just storing energy?

I agree with the multiple spark thing - it really does not make sense to even try to have more than one spark. One big one should do the trick.