RE: MGB-V8 Weight

To: "'Simon & Donna'" <sdaustin@shaw.ca>, "'Glenn'" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB-V8 Weight
From: "Daryl M. Naskale" <mgb@naskale.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 07:33:16 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
The Gtech meters are a very cool little device. If care is taken in the
setup and operation they can produce very accurate and repeatable
numbers, excellent tool for tuning. The newer generation ones that come
with software and have a graphical display are especially impressive.
The link is a screenshot from a few runs I did on a stock '88 BMW 535i a
while back, just fooling around. I just guessed on the weight, but you
can see the relatively consistant results. One of the most important
things is to be smooth and find a nice flat chunk of pavement to make
your runs on. Pick a gear that won't pitch the car too much or have any
wheelspin.

http://www.naskale.com/535Gtech.bmp