Re: Spam Spam Spam

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: Spam Spam Spam
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 13:37:29 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, mjb@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Actually, you can set the filter to work by the senders' name, not just subject, and since all the lists addresses contain "autox.team.net", you can either set it to explicitly accept anything from "autox.team.net" or reject anything not from "autox.team.net", depending on what filter you use, and how you configure it. That way, no one on the list will have to change their modus operendi.
Best of luck
James J.

Barrie Robinson wrote:

Despite having been in the computer business for 35 years I am still a neophyte when it comes to PCs and the Web. I got 483 spams this week-end and I am seriously considering stopping the MGB/MGB V8 list because I just cannot face these massive spam attacks. However, I understand that one can set up a filter so that email with certain subject titles can be routed to a specific mailbox. Is it possible that we all use a prefix such as MGB, so our subjects would look like this "MGB - Anti-freeze poisoning", "MGB - Anyone have a crank for sale" - These would then be siphoned off away from spam.