Ford T-5 question

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Ford T-5 question
From: "James Jewell" <m1garand@directvinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi All,
  I made a boo-boo the other night by bidding on a Ford
world-class T-5 on E-Bay before I checked on wether or
not it was for a V-8.  The price was low, so this isn't
a killer for me, but it turns out that it was from the
mustang 4-cylinder model (16 splines on the input, I
think).  Anyhow, it's a high-mileage model that I had
planned to rebuild, so how hard, and expensive is it to
convert it to the V-8 configuration?  Is it just
changing the input shaft, or are all the ratios
different, and is the strength less?  Can I just change
the first gear?  How expensive, etc. ect.......
Thanks.
James J.