mgb seats

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: mgb seats
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:05:00 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I've forgotten the 'autox.team' for regular MGBs, but I'd like to join up
just so I can send this out there, too.  Will someone tell me again how to
sign up there?
  I got my project 1971 B roadster many years ago as a basket case ...
completely disassembled and literally in baskets.  I'd had several A's in
years prior and reasoned, 'How hard can it be to reassemble this MG?'.
(It's hard)   In fact, one reason I decided to make it a V8 conversion was
that it was already stripped and I had nothing to lose.
  I'm just now getting to the seats and they're in awful shape and need
complete restoration (or replacements with Fiero?)   I decided to take them
apart to see just how hard it might be to sew up new upholstery using the old
ones as patterns.  Looking at them, I cant tell whether they've been botched
already in earlier fixit attempts or if it's just the British way of putting
them together.  e.g., There are wire circles just looped thru the rubber
bottoms holding on the covers.
  Where's a good place to look for resource for assembly /disassembly text?
Pictures, etc?  I dont even know what the chrome levers along the sides are
for!  Can anyone help?