Re: Header/Pinion Clearance

To: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>, "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header/Pinion Clearance
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:37:16 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Bruce,
What type of oil filter adapter plate are you using?
It sounds to me like the problem lies there.  If you try a different
adapter, maybe the factory-style take-off and remote filter, you could get
rid of the shims altogether...
Will cost a number of bucks, but it's "poetical", as I like to say...

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB V8
San Diego