transmission tunnel prep question.

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: transmission tunnel prep question.
From: Mike Cousins <mikecousins1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:40:29 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm finally getting my '77 mgb ready for the v8 and I wanted to get
everyones opinion on prepping the tranny tunnel for the v8 (rover 5
speed).  The book says to cut it and weld in a new 'box' piece, but
I'd rather not do that because I think it would significantly reduce
the strength in that area.  I think I remember Glenn Towery saying
that this was unnecessary and that all you had to do was to beat the
crap out of it with a sledge hammer !

So, I'd like to read some opinions / methods used  from the list members.

Cheers !

P.S. I've read that the 2001 v8 convention is gonna
be in Florida?  Where?