Re: Cruise control

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cruise control
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber1@home.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:43:47 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
on 9/15/00 8:50 AM, Kevin & Deana Brown at MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com wrote:

> I had one that I purchased from K-Mart years ago that I ran for a long time
> our old
> rear wheel drive Toyota Corolla and then on a Mazda Pickup.  It just ran off
> of
> engine RPM (wire hooked to the coil like a tac would be) so you didn't have to
> have
> any sensors mounted on the drive shaft.  It had a control unit that mounted on
> the
> turn signal stalk and worked pretty much like a GM cruise control does now.
> It
> cost about $75 in 1982.  It would work well with a V8 MGB.  It had a wire that
> hooked to the brake light circuit so that it would disengage when the brakes
> were
> applied.  It also automatically disengaged when there was a sudden increase in
> revs, like when you pushed the clutch in.  It was easy to install.
>
> Kevin Brown
> Odessa, MO
>
> Larry Hoy wrote:
>
>> Well many of you know I made the 3000 mile round trip to the V8 convention.
Hi gang,

A few weeks ago there was a thread about putting a Ford 302 with aluminum
heads in an MGB.  Only 66 # heavier than the BOP / Rover V8.  I mentioned it
in our local club newsletter, and I've got somebody interested in it.  Can
someone give me a name and number for someone who has done it or is thinking
about doing it ?  It would be nice if it was in the New Jersey area so he
could go and see the job, but a contact would be great.

Thanks,

Rick Huber