Re: Rover 3.5

To: <BlkfxdWG@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rover 3.5
From: "Ed Dunn" <eedunn@home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:57:53 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I don't think that's a reasonable price at all. I recently bought a
Rover SD1 3.5, with around 80k miles for $325, including the flywheel
that works with the Rover 5-speed box. I got the gearbox & bellhousing
for $400. If you look around, you can find a SD1 motor, which is
better to use than an old GM motor. The GM motor has rope seals,(!)
and cruder casting. If you're going to the trouble of building an
MGBV8, of course you'll have the engine rebuilt by a good machine
shop, to whatever performance level you choose. It would be foolish
not to.
Good luck.
Ed

> '88 Rover 3.5 EFI engine with wiring harness, computer, and all
ancillaries
> (maybe I should ask for the fuel pump and a few other items?).
Mileage about