Progress update

To: "MG V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Progress update
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:50:44 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well today I reconnected up all the brake lines (Jim S you were right) and bleed
them.

Connected the hydraulic throw out bearing to the master cylinder and bleed.

Installed the radiator surge tank.

Installed most of the electric cooling fan and thermostat (some parts missing).

Re-engineered the lower radiator hose, thanks guys for all the help and
suggestions.

Ran all the new radiator hoses.

Wired up all the components, oil sender, coolant sender, thermostat for fan,
coil, distributor and coil, and re-connected the original misc. stuff.  I have
an old wiring harness from a car I parted out so I was able to keep the same
wiring color scheme.  More wire was required because some of the components were
further away now.

Installed radiator support brackets.

Installed misc. wire/tubing clamps, still have more of these to do.

To start the engine I still have to:

Plumb the heater.

Put hose clamps on the rad hoses.

Fill radiator.

Finish installing the elect fan (parts missing : - ( )

Spin engine to get oil pressure.

Install distributor and plug wires

Hook up wires to the starter.

To Drive it I have to:

Install the shifter.

Drain and refill the transmission (shoulda done that while it was out of the
car).

Put two bolts in the rear cross member.

Install drive shaft.

Chase down a longer 1.5" tube for the lower radiator hose (not critical)

Find/buy the little speedo square drive for the T-5 transmission to the VDO
speedo.

Larry "driving it soon" Hoy

Larry Hoy