header clamps

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: header clamps
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:48:12 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have noticed on a number of the new V8 headers that they use a slip fit
with a single tabe that holds the two together, this is as opposed to the
three bolt flanges that I am used to.  How well does the slip fit work,
presumable it only works as well as the fit is tight, but does anyone have
any particular comments on this type of fit?  I am thinking of using it to
connect my primaries to my secondaries.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT ever so slowly turning into a V8
'63 Buick 215

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari