Bleeding an HTOB

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Bleeding an HTOB
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:55:31 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I was hoping this was going to prove easier than the stock MGB setup.   After
a couple of hours of cursing, spitting brake fluid etc., I'm still no closer
than I was this afternoon.  I can pull the max vacuum my Miti Vac thingy will
pull, around 28 lbs of mercury, and it will hold that vacuum on the bleed
hose.  The bleed hose is on the top as per the instructions. I can't get
anything to come out.  Any hints, suggestions,  or prayers to the MG gods
would be greatly appreciated.

As an update, the engine seems to be running fairly strong. It starts
immediately now.   It is still idling fairly high, but I think I can fix that
with a little time and tuning.  The first actual road trip should be this
weekend.  The clutch is the last mechanical thing left.  I plan on using Jim
S's clutch stop that can be found in the archive.

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn's Words of Wisdom for Today.  These engines run very very hot.  The
headers will burn anything even remotely touching, including a timing light
pickup that is accidently forgotten that it was still attached to the #1 wire
:-)