Temperature Sending Unit

To: V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temperature Sending Unit
From: The Rays <therays@ellijay.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:42:21 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I need to replace the temperature sending unit on my 1980 MGB V8 and can't
find the correct replacement part.  The engine is a Buick 215 with the John
Wolf Racing intake.  The part I got from my local NAPA store is TS6471 and
is supposed to fit the 61-63 Buick however the unit is too large for the JWR
manifold.  It will fit the stock Rover 4 bbl on my other V8 so I am assuming
that this part is for the stock GM and Rover intakes only.

The unit I removed from the JWR manifold has one identifying number 01J8 but
no other markings.  Anyone know what replacement part to use?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim Ray