Re: Cleaning

To: "Frank Walker" <fwalker@insurquote.com>
Subject: Re: Cleaning
From: Barrie Robinson <robinson@baradv.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:08:49 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Frank,

I know walnut is very soft but it still imbeds into the soft aluminium in
minute particles due to the force it is shot out - These wash out over time
and are said to then "polish" the bearings - and rather more than is
required!!  I have no idea to what extent this happens.  I got my info from
RPi Engineering whom I represent in USA and Canada for those disgustingly
cheap rebuilt motors.  They take g'zillions of Rovers to bits each year and
I respects their imperical knowledge.  They reckon this is a possibility.
They even frown on vapour cleaning soooooo.....   I am going to stick to
non-abrasive cleaning -even walnuts - as I think it makes sense. I am
sending this out to the mailing list as I think your point is important !!

At 10:38 AM 7/12/99 -0600, you wrote:
>try blasting with crushed walnut shells, they are soft enough that they won't
>destroy your engine if you acidentally leave some in your engine.

Regards
Barrie Robinson

robinson@baradv.on.ca

COBALT TECHNOLOGIES INC