Wanted: SD1 Front cover

Subject: Wanted: SD1 Front cover
From: mhartwig@cbu.edu
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 01:57:14 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
After seeing prices for a water pump for an 88' RR.  I figured i should
see how much a SD1 front cover would cost.  I already have a water pump
and an oil pump rebuild kit (Buick 215 Same?) and thought someone out
there would give me a good price on one.  few questions though.
1.  Pre-SD1 and SD1 water pumps the same?
2.  Will the oil seal for my 88' front cover work on the SD1?
3.  Will the water pump pulley line up with the crank pulley closest to
the engine.  88' crank pulley?

Any other info in the area would be appreciated.  I also need a pulley
as well, anyone know of a domestic car that uses the same pulley?  Needs
to be easy to find:)

BTW,  My brother and some of his EE friends are designing a direct
digital ignition system for me.  Anyone out there put a crank trigger on
their rover?  I'd like to know which parts you used.

Mike

--
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the