V-8 Headers

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: V-8 Headers
From: Paul_Fitzpatrick@parsons.com
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:02:42 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
     I would like to get as much information as possible on the experience
     with headers for the V-8 conversions.  Who did you buy your headers
     from?  Did you buy mild steel or stainless steel?  Why?  Did you have
     them "Jet Hot" coated?  Have you had any leaks at the engine, leaks or
     cracks in the header welds, or problems where the headers attach to
     the head pipes?  Did you use a heat shield for the starter?  How was
     the fit of the headers?  Did you have to modify them in any way or the
     car chassis?  Did you use a full dual exhaust system or a wye pipe
     installation?  What was the cost of just the headers?  Any other
     pertinent information you think we should know.

     Thanks for the input, my next line of questions will relate to
     flywheels.   .........Paul