the right pulley (what's the clearance ????)

Subject: the right pulley (what's the clearance ????)
From: Mike Cousins <mike.cousins@wsnelson.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 14:35:54 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I'm trying to get my rover 3.5 liter out of a 80 SD1 fitted up to dump
in my 77 MGB.  I have a few questions :

1)  I'm gonna need a new pulley for the harmonic balancer.  I'd like to
hear from all of you how you went about getting one that matched up with
the shortened water pump pulley.  Is there one I could just buy and fit
up, or do I need to have one machined, etc..... ???????

2.)  I'm bought a really great A/C condenser from J.C. Whitney catalog
that is only 7/8" thick !!!    I'm going to try to cram it between the
radiator and the two electric fans.  Initially I thought I could just
remount the radiator on the other side of the support brackets and shim
it so that the condenser fits.  However, I dont know the actual
clearance between the correct pulley and the radiator in its original
position.  I'm using Glen Towery's non-A/C motor mounts.

Is there enough clearance to move the radiator ??  I'd only need an inch
or so.

Cheers

Michael J. Cousins III

Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines. - Enzo Ferrari

No one will EVER need more than 640K of ram. - Bill Gates