Re: MGB-V8 budget

To: cgmoog@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: MGB-V8 budget
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:22:06 -0600
Cc: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net

Christopher G. Moog wrote:

> John Steczkowski wrote:
>
> > How much should I budget toward an MGB-V8 conversion? I want to start
> >

> My experience (not finished yet)
>
> Engine transmission complete from SD1 $1100 (if I were doing it again I
> would just get the engine and purchase an T-5 Transmission ~$400-$500 for
> engine, ~$300 transmission plus adapter costs)

Why the T5 over the Rover unit?

> Engine Rebuild $2500 (I probably spent more than I should have and
> definitely more than I could have but this is what I wanted.  Could get by
> with ~$1500 complete rebuild)

What kind of hp are you expecting?

> Clutch $250
> Rear Axle $50 (Ford 8 inch)
> Rear axle shortening has not been done put have quote for ~$330 if I change
> ratio and add limited slip another $400.

Who is doing this for you.

What parts have you had to get farmed out or fabricate yourself? Could you have
purchased those parts as "bolt-ins" but they cost more or something?

--
John Steczkowski
Director, Business Systems Solutions, Central