[Mg-t] MG XPEG 1500 engine dyno

To: mg-t@autox.team.net, mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Mg-t] MG XPEG 1500 engine dyno
From: laf48@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:15:07 -0400

------=_Part_31525_43187778.1462011307746

Hello all, I was asked what other modifications were done to this engine, here
is the response;

Hi Len,

The compression ratio is 9 to 1 on an aluminum Laystall cylinder head. Bore
size is plus 40 on a 1500 block. The distributer is stock with a Petronix
inside. The Laystall head is not modified and the intake and exhaust manifolds
are original and not modified. the test run was made with TF air filters
installed. One and one half inch SU carburetors were used and Jim fine tuned
the timing and carburetors during the dyno run. The crew made a number of runs
before getting the engine to 90 HP at 5200 RPM with Jim making minor
adjustments to the carburetors and timing.

Bill