Re: [Mg-t] Bonnet latches

To: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Bonnet latches
From: Rick Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:08:30 -0600
Cc: mg-t@autox.team.net
LOL! Backup cameras are a great idea for spotting kids and pets otherwise out
of view BUT, they are a VERY POOR replacement for mirrors and common sense!

Thanks for the latch correction.

-rick

richardolindsay@gmail.com </div><div>Cc: mg-t@autox.team.net
wrote.   The latches install with the bow/curve/ ( -shape    outward, toward
the bonnet also. That moves the opening of the hole a bit closer to bonnet that
if installed the other way.  Attach the latches to the wing before bolting wing
to  car, and not bolting tight. Fit the bonnet, latch the latches, then snug
everything.  What seems like just a little movement in the wings can make the
difference between latches latching and just missing the openings.    As to the
symmetry--certain drivers, more than one (and not I ) have driven over a small
conifer near my driveway several times.  Each has, in embarrassed confession,
noted that he/she (no gender bias here) had no trouble in the past when backing
out in a car using the mirrors, and that he/she had a perfect view of the
little tree in the back-up camera as it was being flattened.
Bob