Re: [Mg-t] a couple of questions

To: Gene <crownwheel@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] a couple of questions
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 07:12:44 -0500
Cc: mg-t@autox.team.net
And Good morning to you Gene,

Thank you.

> Good morning Rick ...
>
> 1) I just looked at Eliot, our 1953 unrestored TD and find that the nuts are
> in the engine compartment. No lock washers are in evidence.

Thanks.  Here's my switch, tested good, refinished and ready for
re-installation.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130513_152039.jpg

When I removed the switch bracket I discovered that the holes are
dished in, the equivalent of countersunk.  See photo.  My bolts did
have lockwashers under the nuts but they were the tiny ones and almost
fit within the countersink.  Perhaps your car has them too, just
hidden?

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130511_175607.jpg

> 2) Eliot has some carpet material on that steel cover.

Very good.  Thanks.  I will cover my car's plate similarly.  I chose
an incorrect but pretty Honey Tan interior for my car, including the
carpet.  My TR3b has a black interior and living here in south Texas,
its like a dark oven all summer - which in Houston, is 8 months long!
:-P  Perhaps the light tan interior in the TD may be a little cooler,
or at least seem that way.

> Cheers
> Gene,
> Vermont