[Mg-t] Cooling system question

To: MG T List <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] Cooling system question
From: JohnD <johnsfolly@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 23:59:05 -0400
So, if I am planning to drive my TD up and down various mountain passes and
across a couple of different deserts, what's my best option among the
following which are now sitting on my bench?

1. OEM thermostat that seems to open all the way but not close all the way
when cold...so requires cardboard on the radiator when it's cool out.
2. Stock housing minus the thermostat but with a restricter in the bypass
hose off the "Y"--- at least there's nothing in the way impeding water
flow...and I still get to use my cardboard.
3. Modified housing with a modern 180 degree thermostat, a small relief hole
in it for cold circulation and a restricter as above.
4. The same set up but with a 160 degree thermostat.

Hot climate opinions appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
John Deikis
Chelsea, MI
--
*Raising money for children's cancer research by driving *
*the cross-country Rallye to Reno in a '53 MG TD*

Mg-t@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive