Re: [Mg-t] Fwd: Shipping a car from England to California

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Fwd: Shipping a car from England to California
From: Charles Hill <chillmog@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:25:12 -0600
Lawrence has an idea worth investigating.  Several years ago, I shipped
my motorcycle from Athens, Greece to San Antonio, TX via air.  It was
considerably cheaper than what I was quoted for sea shipping.  And it
was almost door-to-door.  I was able to scrounge some gas and ride it
home from the airport!  My situation was a little different though as
customs was not an issue as it was personal effects of a returning US
serviceman.  All I needed to do was show a copy of my PCS orders.

Charles Hill

   On 11/28/2010 7:08 PM, Lawrence Karpman wrote:
> I shipped a TD from Anchorage AK to France via Air France cargo in
> 1990, and it was cheaper than any of the surface costs any company
> quoted me. And, the buyer had the car 2 days after I dropped it off at
> Air France cargo. Might be worth checking air cargo rates.

Mg-t@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive