Re: [Mg-t] Accessory "trouble light"

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>,"Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Accessory "trouble light"
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:58:31 -0400
Lawrie:

Our cousins seem to call them "Inspection lamps" or "Inspection lights"  A
quick search on UK Ebay under classic car parts shows 5 for sale, but I didn't
look at each description to see if it fits your needs.

Gregory's autoparts in the UK (http://www.gregorysautoparts.co.uk) also has
them for sale. Search under "Inspection lamps"
I've purchased a number of items from them for my 1935 Singer LeMans and they
are very good, as is Paul Becks.

Gene

>>> "Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com> 5/19/2009 5:32 PM >>>
Hi, folks,

I have a customer looking for one of those accessory lamps that plug into
the red/black dash sockets on a T-series MG. He wants one of the brown ones
with the wire that coils inside the body and the hook to hang it up under
the bonnet.

His search via the 'net is stymied by his not knowing if it has a real name
(searching for "accessory auto lamps" takes him to all sorts of quite wrong
lamps!), and he has no idea what he should pay if he does manage to find one
of the correct lamps.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Lawrie Alexander
Mg-t@autox.team.net

Archives at http://www.team.net/archive