[Mg-t] LED tail lights

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] LED tail lights
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:22:42 -0400
  1157 bulbs in our TD round tail lights are not very bright.  Halogen
lights are far brighter, but they draw a lot of power and get very hot.
Would LEDs fit and would they supply adequate light?
   I installed  Superbrightleds.com    BA 15-24 Red   in the TD this
weekend.  Yes and yes to both questions. They fit into the recess of the
reflector with no room wasted, and they are just as bright as, if not
even brighter than, the halogens according to the neighbor in adjacent
driveway.
   Ammeter discharge was -6 with sidelamps and tail lamps using halogen
bulbs; it's now about -1.5 with the LEDs in the tail lamps,  the LEDs
illuminate noticeably faster when brake is applied and the discharge is
about .2 A.

Bob
Let great B to B marketing solutions propel your brand to new heights! Click
now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTMPaAizXMrMeTibggBvVrJJrRj6rQbKlcWM25DbevqWXzXEQheLdu/