Re: [Mg-t] original ivory paint

To: "'Healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] original ivory paint
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 21:26:12 -0400
Another option would be to contact William Wolf in Ohio(
http://www.williamwolf.com/autorest.htm )and purchase a spray can of the
original color in the original nitrocellulose and have your auto local
paint store spray it and match the color.
Actually, they could probably do all that for you or work something else
out with them.
Charlie

John Seim wrote:
> MG Color Name                 ICI                             Ditzler
>        Rinshed/Mason
>
> Cream (TA/TB)                                                 80203
>        BM126
>
> Sequoia Cream/Ivory           4138 or 2700    80203                   BM127
> Ivory                                 2752                    DDL 81271
>        BM 127
>                                               Dupont  83449
>
> Here are the original paint codes. As modern paint have different
> pigment base, even with the correct paint code, you will not get an
> exact match to the color. Best to locate an area with the original
> paint, buff it out, and see if you are happy with that color. Go to a
> paint store, and have them match to your sample.
>
> John Seim
> Irvine, CA
>
> On May 6, 2009, at 5:18 PM, dhhall@bellsouth.net wrote:
>

>> I'm nearing the point of having my MG TD painted, and wanted to
>> repaint it the original ivory.  Does anyone have a paint code for
>> modern paints that would be equivalent?  It will be a color coat/
>> clear coat paint job.  Thanks, David
>>
>> Archives at http://www.team.net/archive

> Archives at http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]