Re: [Mg-t] Fw: mark II air cleaner

To: krislynco.llc@roadrunner.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Fw: mark II air cleaner
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:56:09 -0400
  The MkII's air cleaner manifold is a bit larger than that of the
standard manifold, to fit the 1.5 inch carbs. Bolt centers for the four
bolts are not the same as standard air manifold.
  That stud underneath does not go directly to the saddle on the intake
manifold. Instead there is a fitting that has an offset to which the stud
in the air manifold attaches, then the fitting is bolted to intake
manifold.  This fitting is not illustrated in Moss catalogue, and I can't
find it in the TD service parts book for TD or MkII parts.  If you do not
have it, one should be easy enough to make. It provides the approx 1/2
inch offset needed.
  On TD3 21934 the inner pump is earthed into the harness with what
appears to be black wire, then the outer pump is earthed to inner pump.
I've seen pumps that are not earthed, but seems to me that the electric
path is uncertain if not earthed with a wire, as that would be done
through the fuel line and a filter in line would break the circuit.
  Tank sending unit is not earthed with its own wire, but somewhere the
tank is earthed. A club member recently chased down an inoperative fuel
light to his tank not having the wire; a wire to chassis solved his
problem. Sorry, I didn't see what he did.
  Original handbook for my car was blue. Car was built Nov 1952.
Bob