[Mg-t] Monday mystery bit

To: "Listserve T-series" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] Monday mystery bit
From: "Carr&Edwards" <scvc70@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:50:22 -0500
Good morning listers,

Here's something to get the grey matter working this Monday morning.

I just came across a mystery bit we found at AACA Hershey flea market last
fall: a casting of thin chromed brass in the shape of a knockoff, with
recessed-background MG logo in the center.  It measures 4" across the round
center part, 6-1/2" from eartip to eartip.  On the back there is a center
female threaded stud (with screw and lockwasher) and a plain stud just above
that.  The name "DUVALL & WALKER" is cast in between the 2 studs.    Clearly
it's meant to be attached to something else from the back--but what is it?
We've gone through all our MG books and have not found anything looking like
this.

ID, anyone?

Thanks!
Sarah Carr