Re: [Mg-t] Installing a Hood

To: "Stuart C. Keen, Jr." <simbafish@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Installing a Hood
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:34:17 -0400
Stu,
When I installed my current top back in 1970, I used upholstery tacks,
installed by hand with an upholstery hammer.  It has held up quite
well.  I have a friend who has a TD with 28,000 miles on it with
original paint, seats, carpet, and top.  With this email, I'm also
contacting him and asking if he can determine how the top is attached to
the front bow.  I was looking at his car yesterday and saw that at the
rear it was attached with brass slotted screws in brass finishing
washers.  This surprised me a bit.
Charlie
PS Bob, please reply to all of the recipients that I sent this to.  Thanks.