Brake Fluid - DOT 3+4 vs Synthetic

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Fluid - DOT 3+4 vs Synthetic
From: "Carole Hall" <chall000@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:40:21 -0500
Guy's;

I am new to the list.

I purchased a '49 TC EXU last month that is in very nice shape and doesn't
need any work except for the usual "going over" to check things out. I have a
few other Brit cars but I usually buy them in need of restoration and do a
gorund up on them myself. I have been using synthetic brake fluid with great
success for the last 25 years.

Now for my question..... How can I tell if the car that I bought is on
synthetic or not? Does it smell or taste differently? I know that some fo the
newer synthetics are light blue in color but not all.

Thanks..... This is my first "T" and am looking forward to learning from the
list.

Phil Hall ( London, Ont , Canada)