Re: Exhaust bracket follow up - BSF rukles OK!

To: Dallas Congleton <dcong996@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust bracket follow up - BSF rukles OK!
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:52:31 -0800
Dallas and others,

Yes, I checked all the other threaded holes (except for the fill and
drain plugs) on a spare transmission case that I have in the basement
and all the rest of the threads in the case are the "Mad Metric"
threads.  Additionally, I checked the threads in the tail piece, where
the remote attaches on another TD transmission that I have on hand and
it is also 8 X 1mm.  After reading that the threads for the exhaust
bracket were 5/16 BSF, I thought as you did, Dallas, that the
transmission had been made somewhere other than the Morris holdings that
didn't use the "Mad Metric" fasteners, but apparently that is not the
case (at least wherever the transmission was made) and they stuck with
the "Mad Metric" fasteners.  It is curious as to why the two bosses for
the exhaust bracket were threaded 5/16 BSF while the rest of the
transmission retained the "Mad Metric" threads and as I stated in an
earlier post, a bit of MG trivia that will make for spirited
conversations over a beer or two at future GoFs

Cheers,
Dave