Re: couours and tach drive and handbrake spring

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: couours and tach drive and handbrake spring
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:38:37 -0700
>  1. Moss might give you a couple of inches of piping if you asked.
>Original piping was the color of original paint.   If you could not get a
>satisfactory match with the available green, you might get better results
>by painting available black instead of painting the creme-colored piping.

Dear Listers,
The darker colour might not look as odd as one might think - Unless there
is some sort of special paint or process that I am not aware exsists, paint
eventually peels off the rubber. My '50 TD was painted '63 Healey "Light
BRG" and came with painted over piping. My Moss trim kit came in black and
I was going to use that until I started to look at other cars at a concours
- many of the US built cars used stainless that looked good though "not
just right" on an MG - then I ran into a guy who had perfectly matching
piping to his maroon Auburn - he found some high quality interior vinyl
that matched the paint and had an upholstery shop sew it around a piece of
nylon cord - he said that the cord comes in various diameters so get a
smaller one sa the vinyl increases the size dramaticly.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, California