Removing the body bolts

To: MG T list <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing the body bolts
From: Andrew Kirk <andrewk962@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:24:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All:
     Thats body bolts not Bloody Bolts.  I would like
to thank you all for your input and advice on removing
the frozen bolt on  my TF1500.  I was on a trip out of
town for over a week and on my return was so disgusted
with my treatment at my work place I finally gave
notice.  As I turned 68 in march it was long overdue
anyway.  which is why I have not replied earlier.
    But enough of that, on to the the saga;  I have
removed stuborn bolts usint the drill the head off
method when I was a mechanic at United Airlines and
this was what I recommended to my son who is 32 years
old and will definatly own the MG soon.  He did not
realise that a hardend twist drill will go through
steel.  I seems as though I have not passed any wisdom
on to him, alas.  Anyway when I was away he proceded
to drill through the head and break it off using a
screw driver for the coup de gra.
     Now this screw was holding the left front fender
on to the the left side of the engine sidewall and was
in the center on the fender.  It was the only
remaining bolt holding the fender in place!  Now where
do you sit while spending a delightfull hour drilling
the head off of a reluctent fastener, thats right
UNDER the fender.  OOPS, OUCH!!  See passing on advice
previously mentioned.
     So thank you all for the help, the saga will go
on, did I mention when Jason asked me to help when a
critter He could not identify hid under the engine
cowling with it's hindquarters sticking out?  With a 6
inch hairless tail I had no doughts as to what it was.
 I took off when we lifted the cowling off.  Boy did I
wish for a cute little Carn Terrier at this point.  It
would have taken off after that rat with gusto.
     Anyway I will try to keep you informed, thanks
for the help.
Andy

Work is the curse of the biking classes!!
Andrew J. Kirk
andrewk962@yahoo.com
cell 650-224-3527