RE: TD Vibration Revisited - a brain teaser

To: "'Stuart C. Keen, Jr.'" <simbafish@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: TD Vibration Revisited - a brain teaser
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:06:56 -0500
Stu,

Besides driveline and wheel balance, which you seem to have eliminated, the
one other thing that comes to mind is toe-in. You say you had the alignment
set, but to what toe-in/toe-out? I believe the TD calls for toe-in of 0.0" -
no to-in whatsoever. Also, is there any misalignment between the front end
and the rear - as might be caused by a misaligned rear axle or frame damage?

I had similar vibration issues and found the cause to be excessive toe-in.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer