Oil Filter Torque Wrench

To: MG Net <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Filter Torque Wrench
From: Gene Fodor <crownwhl@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:09:47 -0400
Listers...there was a question about the torque that should be applied
to the "T" oil filter.  I believe that answer was 15 ft/lbs.  any normal
torque wrench will simply not fit with the original canister/element
filter still in place.  there is an oil filter torque wrench that,  may
be suitable.  It is used to tighten aircraft oil filters!  There are two
sizes (I don't know which would fit the "T" filter as the nut size is
not specified, perhaps any aviation lister may know.)  Anyway, it is
available thought Aircraft Tool Supply (perhaps other vendors also) at
1-800-248-0638 or www.aircraft_tool.com. P/N C1921 is for Champion type
and P/N KS 5639 for Kell-Strom type.
The tool has a built in ratching mechanism, a solid handle and it is set
to 17 ft/lbs and slides over the nut with no additional space needed.
Hope this helps.
Gene
53 MGTD
Vermont