Help on finding a bearing

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help on finding a bearing
From: "Brian & Jan" <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:55:25 -0700
Sorry guys, this is kind of off topic for a "T" series car but I am currently
rebuilding an OD transmission for my 1974 MGBGT and have run into a "small"
problem. The OD box has a rather large double race bearing at the back of the
box. Unfortunately I ruined it removing it from the housing and now I find
that this item is no longer available. I have been advised that they were over
engineered and should not require replacement but that information came too
late. Does anyone have a good used bearing that I can purchase from them. The
original is an R&M (IMDJT32.5).

Talking to my local MG service they do not know of any replacement or
alternative and the last one they did required the use of a second hand
bearing.

Brian Smith
Campbell River
1950 MGTD