Re: Dizzy Part Needed

To: sallen3663@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Dizzy Part Needed
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 18:08:31 -0400
Hi Scott,
   The pot-metal into which that pin fits wears away over time.    The
missing pin can be replaced with a piece of hard wire; it would seem that
a roll pin, cut to length, would work as well.  It will drop out, as
yours did, when the clip is released, unless it could be secured to the
distributor again.
   I have seen owners pein the distributor metal back over the  V shapes
into which the pin fits, but suspect that the metal is pretty soft and
that this is not a repair that would last forever.  Perhaps someone has
tried to rebuild the pin receptacle with JBWeld?
Bob