Re: Wire Wheel Conversion

To: Stu Keen <simbafish@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Conversion
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:49:16 -0500
Stu,

Don't rush.  There's an excellent third option -- Bob Grunau of Grunau's
Garage <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>.  A fellow NEMGTR member, Steve
Hess, who's doing the same conversion had this to say:

I bought everything from Bob Grunau in Canada who is well-respected. He just
shipped five wheels, Alfin drums, brakes (alfin are aluminum so I need
non-metallic shoes), and a spare tire mount. I will keep all the old stuff
in case the car needs to be brought back to factory specs one day.

Steve's delighted with what he received and the price was right.

>Bob Grunau
>150 Pinewood Trail,
>Mississauga, Ontario,
>Canada, L5G-2L1
>905-274-4136

The usual disclaimers apply, I'm just impressed with Grunau's work.  He
makes the oil filter adapters and Alfin drums that you can also buy from
the boys out west for a lot more.

Bud Krueger
52TD