Re: Prestone Heavy Duty Flush

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prestone Heavy Duty Flush
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:40:06 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:44 -0500, Bob Donahue wrote to mg-t:

> I just obtained a couple cans of Prestone Heavy Duty radiator flush
> (hard to find stuff). This is a two part flush: Part one - oxalic acid,
> Part two - sodium carbonate. Sounds like it should be good for cleaning
> out rust and lime. Any concerns about using it on brass & solder
> radiators?

That stuff has been on the market since at least the 1950s, possibly
longer, but in any case since back in the days when all radiators were
brass and solder.  It does an excellent job and won't hurt your radiator
as long as you follow the instructions.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland