RE: Water pump rebuilding

To: eabb@loc.gov, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Water pump rebuilding
From: "Mike Eldred" <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:26:16 -0500
Gene,
Last summer I needed to replace/repair my pump and had a hard time finding
either a new/reconditioned pump, or parts to do the job myself, at least
through the usual suppliers.
Then I found, to my surprise and delight, that there was a shop just a few
miles from my home that specializes in our cars:
http://www.sportscar-services.com/
I called Dave Clark and he was most helpful.  He had a rebuilt pump on hand,
and I was able to drive right over and swap my broken one for a rebuilt one
- for the princely sum of $40, if I remember correctly.  Although I was
close enough to make the drive, the same services are available by mail.
If you are at all close enough to stop by the the place, though, it's a real
treat to see what Dave and his crew have on deck in the garage, and chat
about britcars in general.

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT
'54 TF